Ugh I feel like I somehow did a lot this month…and yet simultaneously absolutely nothing? XD I feel like I’m just reading slower and slower the closer we get to the end of the year, which I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was actually true. 😛
September Reading Stats:
- Read During October: 8
- Finished This Month: 4
- Total Pages Read (not including audiobooks): 902
- Average Rating: 3
I finished BYLTHM on October 3rd, and I liked a few of the stories in it so I gave it 3 stars, but overall I just didn’t love it so I probably will unhaul it.
Sadly, I ended up DNF’ing both of these. I just really didn’t like the demon heavy magic system of Sorcery of Thorns. The rest of it was okay, but I just found myself not wanting to pick it up anymore, so I just didn’t force it.
And All Our Yesterdays I just wasn’t in the mood for I guess. I’m just not as into dystopian type of themes anymore and I kinda just wanted to skip ahead to the end to see how it turns out so that’s what I did. XD I don’t think it was bad or anything I just think I would’ve enjoyed it more if I read it years ago when I first got it. XD
I listened to the audiobook of Girl from Everywhere, and I really liked the uniqueness of the time travel worldbuilding and the 1800’s Hawaii setting, but it did get a little confusing in the middle so I ended up giving it 3 stars. I think I do want to read the sequel sometime though, but I might try it physically?
Still Currently Reading:
I’m only halfway through Heartless but I’m really loving it so far! I keep trying to guess how it could possibly end but I really have no idea if I’m on the right track or not. XD I love the worldbuilding and I surprisingly really like the romance, it’s just SO good!
I think I’m only like a quarter way through Cinderella’s Dress and so far it’s okay? It’s kind of nice to read a book set during WW2 that’s actually kind of fluffy, though. It gives my heart and brain a break. XD
I’ve only had time to read a few chapters of the other two books, but I’m still enjoying them so far. 🙂
Posts This Month:
- September Wrap Up + October Goals
- My Thoughts on the Hunger Games Prequel Cover Reveal
- The Finally Fall Tag!
- Bookending Autumn: The Lion, the Witch, and the Low Wardrobe Choices
- What’s Going on With Ocean Eyes? (WIP Update #4)
- Bookending Autumn: The Candy Tag
- November Book Club Theme Announcement
- Bookending Autumn: The Autumn Chills Book Tag!
- Bookending Autumn: Arsenic and Old Lace Tag
- Bookending Autumn: Pumpkin Carver Challenge
- Well I’ve been on a random Barbie movie kick because I felt like watching a bunch after I saw this video. XD I used to be prejudiced against the ones I didn’t grow up with, but I think The Pink Shoes and A Pony Tale are some of my favorites now. They’re just hilarious. XD
- My mom and I joined a small gym that has a pool with those underwater treadmills, and they’re actually kinda fun? I never thought I’d look forward to exercising, but I used to love swimming when I was little. And since the gym and pool is small enough and you have to make an appointment to use it, it’s pretty private so it doesn’t feel awkward cuz there’s nobody around. I really need to get healthier physically because lately my mental health has been all out of whack, and I know it will help it I actually start taking better care of myself. 🙂
- I went shopping for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes today so that’s why this post is kinda late. XD But it’s just so fun to pick out a bunch of toys for kids you don’t even know! I’m like totally in full Christmas mode now. If only it would snow already! 😛
I HIT 70k IN MY WIP!!! 😀
So I now have a total of 70,122 words! I think only about 10,000 (or less?!) left to go and I’ll have it done! 😀 I have only 5 scenes left to write and the last place I left off they just got to the setting where the climax is going to happen so I’m excited! I had a really busy week this week but I think if I really find time to focus on it I can maybe get it done in a few days? Definitely this month for sure!
So…these didn’t turn out as nearly as good as I was hoping, but I like how the fall wreath looks. I tried to make it look like this. 🙂 I drew the vine and colored the leaves in with watercolor, and the pumpkin is a sticker. Though the tongs (tongs? is that the right word? XD ) on the F turned out a little weird.
And the snowflake turned out okay, (it was inspired by this) but I needed to fill all the space I left at the bottom, so I tried to do these fall/winter tree branch things, but they definitely didn’t turn out as pretty and they’re really uneven. XD
Ugh I’m really disappointed in this. It was supposed to look like this, but the pages are too thin and when I used the watercolor the ink I used on the other side bled through so I just had to cover it up with a sticker. D: It looks fine; I added more watercolor around it and blue and silver polka dots with my gel pens, (I was going to make them look more like snowflakes but I was too lazy :P) and then I just added random winter stickers in the corners, but I’m still kinda sad about it. XD
You can tell I was lazy this month and wanted to go for more simple designs. XD The header was supposed to look like this, (the outlines in blue are supposed to be snowdrifts) but I think it definitely could’ve turned out better. XD I shouldn’t have tried to color in the snow on top of the letters cuz it mixed with the black and looks really bad, but oh well. 😛 But I needed to add some color so I got to use the adorable washi tape that Allison sent me!
The header is kinda meh, and my pen smeared everywhere on the lines, but I like how my mountains turned out? It was inspired by this, and overall I think it turned out okay. 🙂
I FINALLY found a Target exclusive edition of Again But Better! And I traded my Fairyloot edition of Sorcery of Thorns with Yiling @wonderlandreads on Twitter for the Shelf Love Crate edition of Romanov!!! It’s signed and it’s BLUUUUUEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ I’m SO SO SO excited for it! Thank you so much, Yiling! 😀
- Spark Blog Tour/Giveaway: Interview With Allison Beery
- Writing WIP Update #5
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Bookmarks!
- Top Ten Tuesday: Changes in My Reading Life
- And a few more I haven’t decided on yet. 🙂
- Plan Christmas posts ahead of time?
- Don’t fall behind and work on pre-writing and posting on time!
- FINISH MY WIP! I think I can do it! I’m going to kind of do NANOWRIMO unofficially by myself and use it as motivation. 😀
- I’d still like to write 5,000 words in a day, but I’m not if I’m going to get to before I finish it, but I can try!
- Write at the library by myself again.
- Figure out how to balance reading, blogging, writing and work and other projects better.
- Maybe look for a second job?
- Write Allison a letter back!
- I been wanting to cook again, I have a whole Pinterest board of recipes I almost never look at.
- STOP worrying about the future!
Besides finishing Heartless, Cinderella’s Dress, Dark Tide and The Heir, I really want to start Go Set A Watchman. I’m supposed to read Girl in the Blue Coat for my book club, but I’ve been thinking of maybe reading My Plain Jane instead? Idk, I just don’t know if I’m in the mood to read a WW2 book anymore, and I kinda want something more lighthearted. I know it’s over 400 pages so I’d be breaking my rule for myself of not reading anymore long books before the end of the year, but I put the audiobook on hold on Libby so that I can listen along with it to help me get through it faster if I decide to change my mind. Idk I’ll decide when I finish Heartless.
I have this on hold on Libby too. I’ve been skeptical about this book for a while, but I think it was mostly cuz I think I thought it was about something else? XD I don’t even remember. I know Amy likes the Iskari series and it is actually sounding so cool so I’m excited! 😀 I’ve been wanting to read more books with dragons.
All credit goes to the authors of the images.
What Do You Think?: